Thanks for the reply but I've tried that and other variations to no success :(
I've tried including the drive names and all kinds but I just get an error with
bad parameter. The file has been unzipped on my QL too.

--- On Sun, 12/12/10, Timothy Swenson <swenso...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: Timothy Swenson <swenso...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] Unsure on how to play inform adventure files on the QL
To: ql-users@lists.q-v-d.com
Date: Sunday, 12 December, 2010, 23:10

The main parts of the program are:
   Inform - compiles z-code into a game.
   zip    - takes a compiled game and plays it.

If you have a game file (curses_dat) in the same directory as the zip
executable, then to have zip read the curses_dat file and play it, the command
line is:

exec zip;"curses_dat"

This will open a new window and start the game.  Zip is able to read games that
were built on other platforms ( but only games using zcode versions 3 & 5).

I wrote a review for this many years ago for IQLR and luckily it was still on a
hard drive.

Tim Swenson