Bottom replies drive me mad, to the point of ignoring most mails on this list.

Cheers
Malcolm

On 31/01/2011 23:10, Plastic wrote:
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 4:43 PM, tobias.froesc...@t-online.de<
tobias.froesc...@t-online.de>  wrote:

Dave,
please  see more comments below
(Using the web-mailer of my ISP, there's really no reasonable way to
top-quote. Sorry to anyone willing to complain)

I find this mailing list to be quaint and archaic in some of its conventions
- bottom-replies being the main one. It's all very.... BRITISH!

Cheers,
Tobias

-----Original-Nachricht-----
I have decided to simply use 0-432 for the x axis and 0-256 for the x-axis.
These are FP values so movement will be quite smooth.

--TF: That means you'll need to refer to sin() and cos() to calculate
distances in 3D space. Be sure you
-- have your maths at hand, then

Yup. I once did a three-body gravity algorithm in SuperBASIC - that was an
interesting problem, After that, this should be fairly straightforward.

[snip]-- Turbo nowadays digests pretty much anything you throw at it
(except stuff which is next to complete
-- nonsense). George Gwilt et al have done a tremendous job of making it
into the best free basic
-- compiler i know of. Check out at Dilwyn's site at
-- http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/turbo/index.html

The best? There's more than one? In any case, the clarity and conciseness of
the instructions is probably the most important aspect of this.

In any case, I'll be posting my code. For you all to laugh at. Which you
will. And that will be educational for me. :)

-- Promised we won't laugh. At least not in public ;-)

Oh, I can handle harsh criticism - my style is probably going to be
unconventional to say the least. However, gentle and constructive criticism,
that will go a lot further in helping me to my goals...

Dave

PS: Thank you *Daniele Terdina* for working on the *Mac Q-Emulator* - it's
wonderful and I hope it sells enough to justify further development.