Morning Marcel,

Hmm, where to begin... The very name of WINE itself stands for "Wine
Is Not an Emulator". It does not do ANY CPU emulation. So, running QPC
is downright out.
Ah, ok, sorry. I sit corrected - thanks. (B*gg*r!)

> Actually there is a WINE port for ARM, but it only
works with Windows apps that have been cross-compiled for the ARM
architecture (QPC, being much assembler code, cannot be cross
compiled).
Double b*gg*r! :-(

More specifically, SuperBasic is "just" a language - albeit a good one.
So I suppose someone could write a SuperBasic interpreter/compiler in,
say C, to be packaged up and/or compiled from source on any Linux.

While this is true, most power of the language comes from its
extensions and these would all have to be rewritten, too.
Possibly. In the case of the extensions and such like that we have for the QL/QPC/whatever. But the base language is excellent by itself.

If there ever is a SBasic for Raspeberry Pi (or RasPi as it seems to be known) then it's obvious that TK2 etc won't be available. But the developer(s) wouldn't just be doing the base language "as is" - there would be up to date stuff, window handling and so forth.

It would develop as a new language/development system in its own right, I think so anyway, rather than a straight port from QDOSMSQ to ARM.

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar