I've just been following up an offer of an HP 1220 A3 printer; I find that printing on A4 is helpful for the spreadsheets I do. This has USB and Centronics parallel inputs and 8 resident fonts so should work direct with the QL. It is 23.4" wide x 9.2" deep and 15" high with the trays off. This seems quite compact. It seems to be a good printer and is available re-furbished for around £75 - £95. Also on second hand sites for perhaps £40, and in this case on Freecycle for nothing. The manual can be downloaded from the HP website, and HP have a pretty good reputation.

Bryan H
UK