Dave,

A very good chance. In fact, this has been on my mind for a while.

It was always the plan that the EDDE 2 Core of the driver would be
open-sourced when the QL-SD is released, so that anybody can then use it
to write new device drivers.

My agreement with Peter is that the full source code of the
hardware-specific layer of the QL-SD card driver will be released as well.

For the Ser-USB drivers (which actually boil down to a hardware-specific
layer on top of EDDE, plus a handful of modules that override their EDDE
ancestors): What I would like to do - at the same time as releasing the
QL-SD sources - is to offer the Ser-USB sources to anyone who is
prepared to make a public commitment to produce a better driver for it,
on a non-commercial basis, within one year.

I freely admit that I failed to solve all the issues with this driver,
but there are so many clever people out there that I am sure that
somebody could do a lot better.

I will give more details at the appropriate time, but this should give
anyone interested the opportunity to consider whether they want to take
up the challenge.

The reason that I won't release any sources until the QL-SD is ready is
because there may need to be core library changes to be made before the
final version, and I don't want lots of different EDDE versions floating
around out there, nor the possible distraction of having to answer
questions or provide additional documentation while I am trying to
concentrate on finishing something else.

Fair enough?

Adrian
www.memorylanecomputing.com