To answer my own question: No, Not compressing the sprite doesn't help.

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Von: "tobias.froesc...@t-online.de" <tobias.froesc...@t-online.de>
An: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
Betreff: [Ql-Users] EasyPtr "BLOBW"
Datum: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 14:36:14 +0200

Hi everyone,

does anyone know how "spraying" sprites with the Easyptr 4.01 BLOBW procedure
is supposed to work in mode 32?

I have tried the following:

1. High-Color sprite 27x27
2. QPC in high-colour mode
BLOBW #appwin,xpos%,ypos%, sprite, sprite,10
--> "Bad parameter" (and interestingly, all my other sprites in the same
Easyptr program are garbled, i.e. origins shifted)
3. Reset QPC
4. Read the manual (this should probably have been step 0), "x-size multiple of
16 can be used as a pattern". A-Ha
5. Created a black square sprite, 32x32 (which is a multiple of 16, in my
opinion), used that as a pattern
-->"Bad Parameter" (Other sprites seem to be OK now)
6. Used the black square as both blob and pattern
-->"Bad Parameter"

Can anyone shed some light on this, please? What am I doing wrong?
Would not RLE-ing the sprite probably help?

Cheers,
Tobias