On 19/10/2012 10:36, Tony Firshman wrote:
Bryan Horstmann wrote, on 19/Oct/12 09:32 | Oct19:

Bryan/

Is there an easy/in-expensive way to use the QL keyboard, which I find
quite OK, on a R-pi?
Interesting to know though if anyone can come up with a method.
The starting point I guess is an I/O device to convert the QL row/column into a serial stream.
I daresay it is not impossible but .......

There's a Ciseco board on ebay for £7.68

  K002 - Slice of Pi/o - add on Raspberry Pi - buffered I/O I2C upto 128
  ports!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K002-Slice-of-Pi-o-add-on-Raspberry-Pi-buffered-I-O-I2C-upto-128-ports-/221134890594?pt=UK_Computing_Other_Computing_Networking&hash=item337caaa662.

Is that the sort of thing which might do it?
This gives 16 inputs and matches the QL keyboard row/columns exactly.

The issue then is software only maybe. One has to persuading the system to stuff data into the keyboard queue. Not a clue how though, or even if it is possible at all. The IBM keyboard input is serial and a complex structure.

Over to Linux experts........

Tony

Thanks for the help, Tony.
My son is into the Andrino board used for robotics which has digital inputs so handling digital inputs on Linux may be well sorted.

Bryan H