On today's date 29 years ago Sinclair Research launched the Sinclair QL
professional computer. On January 12th 1984 - exactly 12 days earlier than
Steve Jobs launched the Apple Macintosh - Sir Clive Sinclair and Nigel
Searle presented the QL to the world in a Hollywood-style launch event at
the Hotel Inter Continental in London.

Today I was browsing through my collection of pictures and uploaded those
related to the launch event onto my Sinclair QL web gallery.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=C250D8748980CE5A!3812

Beside of the pictures you'll find two Web-Links of videos related to the
launch event. The video of the press conference itself is not original
footage; it's filmed in 2009 with actors for the BBC docudrama Micro Men.
Compare the original pictures with this video and you'll see how authentic
this scene was made.

Enjoy watching!

Cheers, Urs

 <http://www.youtube.com/QLvsJaguar> http://www.youtube.com/QLvsJaguar

Sinclair, QL, ATARI, JAGUAR, NUON, APPLE & more...