John wrote:
> EXTREMELY RARE QL PM EPROM Chip (8000h) - this is out of a very early
> KLUDGE - unfortunately, the other two EPROMs and/or the code stored on
> them have not been found. This is the PM version of QDOS - the earliest
> release version of QDOS we know of which escaped the doors of Sinclair
> Research was the later FB EPROM, which contained at least one oddity - the
> AT command was AT column,line (instead of AT line,column) which forced
> Psion to write a boot file for their programs which would swap between the
> two variants depending on your ROM version! It shows how rare the FB ROM
> was that no-one else had to bother!

>From my records PM (QDOS v1.00) came after FB (QDOS v1.01).
<snip>
v1.00 'FB' : Came out in April 1984. This version of the firmware had lots
of errors.
v1.01 'PM' : Faster than FB, more tolerant of the Microdrives, but it still
had lots of errors.
Both FB and PM firmware were packed with bugs and needed a 'kludge board' to
carry extra chips outside the computer.
<snip>

Urs