Hi all,

It's been mentioned that vanilla QDOS/Minerva doesn't run happily on
68EC020 due to CPU differences. The GC/SGC copies and patches the OS to
work with the EC020 CPU, and to relocate certain resources.

My questions are: what are the differences? How does the GC/SGC boot the
unaltered OS to copy the OS to the GC to reboot with the patched version?

I tried reading out and comparing the SGC patched version, but I don't have
the knowledge to read what is an '020 change and what is a change for moved
locations of resources.

I would like to prepare a version of Minerva 1.97/1.98 to run specifically
with the 68EC020 system I'm building, and it could solve a lot of other
problems in the future for me.

Any pointers would be gratefully received, as currently, my 68EC020 hobby
project locks up a lot, and it's hard to fault trace a hardware issue if
there may be a firmware issue;)

--
Dave Park
Sandy Electronics, LLC