On 26/08/13 22:25, Dilwyn Jones wrote:
Although I moan about Windoze, it's fulfilled my needs reasonably well
and Windows 7 is actually more stable than older versions, it'll do for
me until I get time to learn Linux one day (just to please Norman).

I'll agree with that. Windows 7 is stable and very usable, if I have to! It came on my laptop and I think, might still be there, somewhere! I know I used it a long time back for something, and I was seriously impressed. And you can quote me! ;-)

As for learning Linux "to please Norman" - I wouldn't bother for that reason. Do it, like everything else, because you want to! It's better than way. :-)

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar