At long last!! Someone who has bothered to turn the coin over and see what the other side looks like - Thanks Tim.

How long have we put up with "QUANTA isn't doing this right" or "QUANTA isn't doing this at all" or "QUANTA doesn't know how to run the right type of workshop". Such comments are usually followed by something like "and they should be doing".

Tim has hit the nail on the head in saying that even those who volunteer are not always "professional" at everything they are expected (and try) to do. but how long has it been since those who are objecting actually not only offered their services but actually got up and did something? (bad health permitting).

OK, let's have a QL is 30 in Edinburgh! - Who did you say is running it? and at what cost? and for how many attendees?

Why did the regular South London Workshops stop running? Because the organiser(s) got fed up with nobody turning up (Even then, the presence of members of the QUANTA Committee didn't count - pity we can't hold an AGM without them!!)

I will, eventually, get round to publishing a fully detailed Budget for a QL is 30 type workshop and I will challenge anyone to reduce my costs by a considerable margin - realistically.

Tim, If you want to publish any of your articles, have you thought of sending a copy to the QUANTA Magazine editor? It used to be published Monthly but due to both the cost of Printing and Postage compared with the number of Subscribers, and the gradual lack of usable copy, it had to go to Bi-monthly. I am certain that Lee will give it a very favourable comment and may even ask you to become a regular contributor.

Worth a thought?

Why not?

Kind Regards,

John Gilpin.
QUANTA Membership Secretary & Treasurer.