The Edinburgh QLis30 event is booked for 11th October 2014. This was the date that most people wanted.

The venue is the Gyle Hall of the St. Thomas Episcopal Church, Glasgow Road, EH12 8LJ.

The venue is on the main road from Edinburgh city centre to Edinburgh Airport and Glasgow. The bus service too and from the airport has a bus stop outside the church.

We shall be posting a dedicated website giving details of accommodation and travel arrangements, but this is unlikely to be online before mid June. I need to go to Edinburgh to do some research and photography for the site. I am in Edinburgh on 31st May and 6th June so it is saves me time and money to wait until then.

So far 17 people from 6 lands have expressed an interest so we have achieved our first aim of getting an international group of QL-ers together.

There are Marriott and Holiday Inn hotels on the same bus route as the church but we shall publish detailed information of these and other hotels on the website.

Also travellers from the continent may like two early details. Any one wishing to come by car may like to consider the overnight DFDS ferry from IJmuiden in the Netherlands to Newcastle. This would save a long drive in the UK. Any one thinking of travelling by Eurostar should note that the London terminal is next door to Kings Cross station with trains to Edinburgh.

We hope to have Skype at the event, but none of the organisers has Skype experience. I hope to have this by October,

Best Wishes,

Geoff