Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2014 12:58 PM
To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] PC issues

Dilwyn Jones wrote:
3GB physical RAM installed, task manager says:

Total 3037
Cached 979
Available 930
Free10

Was a long shot, but this sounds legit. Does the system still use IDE
drives? When, for some reason, the error rate of a device goes up the
IDE controllers used to switch from DMA to PIO mode, rendering the
drive dead slow. You can check this in the device manager. I think
this is gone with SATA, though.

Marcel