Evening all,

I've spent some free time today examining a problem I've been having for some time. LibGen (anyone remember that?) when executed displays the window on screen and works fine until I exit from the program. At that point, QPC no longer is able to receive the cursor - it passes behind the QPC window as opposed to over the top of it.

I should point out that QPC 4.0 is running on Mint Linux 17.1, 64 bit, under Wine.

I know what the problem is, I created the window for LibGen without an application sub-window menu, so I simply added one in manually, but I screwed up! I think the major fault was defining the pointer to the menu items status block to be zero when obviously, that means it's the same status area as the entire Window's status area. There may well have been other problems!

I've rolled back my changes and the code works fine, and when I ESC, QPC stays usable. Hooray. So, WM_SETUP returns no errors, ever. It's says so in the documentation. Does anyone have any clues as to why this should be?

It's (obviously) clear that errors should occur in WM_SETUP when someone like me does something stupid. Even after all these years, I still find bits appear to be missing from the docs. Pan/Scroll control block definitions, for example, where are they in the Window Definition docs? Nowhere (that I can find anyway) although there is mention of them in the Window Working Definition docs.

I haven't looked at the code, nor am I requesting/demanding/hinting that someone should do something about it. I'm just wondering why this quite important feature of WMAN should care so little about the correct setup of the window definition data.

End of eRant! ;-)

Cheers,
Norm.

--