Thank you, I will pass on the information.
Dilwyn

-----Original Message----- From: Urs Koenig (QL)
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:00 AM
To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] Ql-Users Digest, Vol 134, Issue 16

Dilwyn wrote:
I was asked by someone to put the QDT from the xcl directory into a
QXL.WIN for them and found that the filenames of the manual files are too
long to put into a sub-directory in the qxl.win

Easily renamed, but as I am unfamiliar with QDT I don't know if it
accesses
these text files (i.e. by renaming them would I cause problems?)
I had a similar request yesterday. Here's what I suggested:

A fresh install into an empty WIN file doesn't make much sense, as then QDT
finds no apps and all folders are empty. QDT is almost useless then.

There's already a preconfigured WIN file with a full installation of QDT on
The Distribution. Especially for "novices" (and all other people) there's
the QL/E environment in the folder \THE_DISTRIBUTION\qle\. It holds a fresh
(April 2015) WIN file with many apps and a fresh (April 2015) full
installation of QDT. That's exactly what's been asked for, isn't it? Just
start the QPC2.exe in that folder and your fresh QDT is running.

If you want to install QDT on your existing WIN file, you'll find the
installation package (QDTINST110r_zip) in folder
\THE_DISTRIBUTION\xcl\qdt\Redist\. Just follow the instructions in the
README.txt file of the folder \THE_DISTRIBUTION\xcl\qdt\. I did several
fresh installations with that installation sequence.

Full QDT documentation can be found in the folders
\THE_DISTRIBUTION\xcl\qdt\Documentation\ (as Text files) and
\THE_DISTRIBUTION\qle\Documentation\ (as PDF files) plus the whole
documentation package (PDF and Text files) as a ZIP file in
"\THE_DISTRIBUTION\xcl\qdt\Redist\QDT Release 1.10 User Documentation.zip".
There's no need to install the documentation inside a WIN file.

BTW: For "experts" there a config option in QL/E which can be invoked by the
command QLE_CFG to fine-tune this environment (e.g. enable or disable
certain desktops). I will release a quick guide for that sometime to help
"novices".

Urs