Marcel Kilgus wrote:
> Okay, I can reproduce it. But the crash happens in the screen driver.
> The problem is that SMSQ/E does not have any kind of memory protection
> and you're loading a quadrillion extensions at boot-time. Any one of them
> could be responsible of corrupting the memory in a way that QPAC2 will
crash
> later on without being at fault itself.

There are only a few (less than 20, depending on the host and target
machine) extensions loaded, not a quadrillion. ;-)

I did some more tests earlier this week and can tell you that when you
disable QDT to load (use the S*BASIC PROC QLE_CFG), then with the same
scenario QPAC2 Files and the System will not Freeze at all.

> Trying to track down these kind of problems is a huge pain, not sure if I
can
> find the time to do so.
That's true. I know those pains from my job.

Yes, cheers,
Urs