Thanks all for the birthday wishes.
It seems I'm not the only one with "leaky RAM" then, judging by the comments.

Could someone please put John Gilpin out of his PDF misery and feed the Easy
Pointer Guide I wrote through QStripper and save the files as PDFs. The utility
creates text searchable ones as opposed to bitmapped ones.

I would do it myself, but for some reason, I think the source files I have are
Windows 3.11 WRITE.EXE format, and I don't have that any more. Or Word. Or
Windows!

Thanks.

Cheers,
Norm.