It's almost like we need some kind of public "infobase" or "programmer's
wiki" to make these nuggets easily searchable and reference-able.

Where might we find something like that?

PS: I offer free web hosting to anyone willing to run it.

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 9:47 AM, pjwitte via Ql-Users <
ql-users@lists.q-v-d.com> wrote:

> On 14/04/2018 20:01, Marcel Kilgus via Ql-Users wrote:
>
>> pjwitte via Ql-Users wrote:
>>
>>> If those who "wrote the book" on these matters arent able/willing to
>>> pipe up, then we'll have to waste some time R-ingTFBs and doing the
>>> tests ourselves. I'll be back.
>>>
>> "The books" were written so long ago, even the people who wrote them
>> must usually spend some serious time to answer questions like yours.
>>
>> Regarding your question in the forum, the internal save area format
>> always has a "spare" long-word after each line, fuck knows why. So
>> that is why every line is 4 bytes longer, because it just writes out
>> the internal format. But it doesn't matter really, the "increment"
>> field in the file header is what's important, for all it's worth it
>> can be one 65kb per line and should still work, the field must just
>> match the data. If you construct a file yourself, use whatever line
>> increment pleases you.
>>
>> The fog is slowly clearing :) Thanks for your input. I
> assumed anyone "in the know" would just know the answer and
> not have to waste precious hours figuring out what was
> already known, as I did - and presumably many before me.
> Trying to derive the rules  from the various implementors
> proved frought, as it seems that, for pragmatic reasons (or
> perhaps to compensate for other's non-compliance) they
> mostly have their own rules for outputs and acceptable
> inputs. Anyway, once Im certain, Ill write it up, so no one
> needs to ask or answer this again.
>
> Per

Dave Park
d...@sinclairql.com