On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 3:13 AM, Jan Bredenbeek via Ql-Users <
ql-users@lists.q-v-d.com> wrote:

> SuperBASIC is quite unique in that it stores the *difference* in length of
> a line compared to the previous line, along with its line number. This way,
> because the current line length is also stored in a system variable, it can
> search for lines in both backward and forward direction. So a proc/fn call
> will be faster when the definition is closer to the calling line. This is
> also mentioned in the Minerva documentation.

​Hmmm. Are they stored in a known order, eg: alphabetical or order of
creation/declaration

> You cannot define a proc/fn multiple times but you can check the type and
> usage of a parameter using the PARTYP, PARUSE, PARNAM$ and PARSTR$
> functions in TK2 and act accordingly. An example of this is in my 'ls'
> procedure which uses an extra parameter as a flag for recursive directory
> searches. When this parameter is empty it only lists the current directory.

​I suppose it does reduce these stresses that while sBASIC has "strict"
typing of variables, it allows easy transfer between variable types.​ It
also has the concepts of undefined variables and defined but unset
variables.

Quite amazing for a language that fit in a very small part of 48K.

--
Dave Park
d...@sinclairql.com