Dilwyn Jones wrote:
> SCR_XLIM and SCR_YLIM most probably call iop.flim trap

No. They just need the channel block in order to find the address of
the PTR/CON linkage. From then on it's one simple MOVE command. So
it's not really an "official" way of doing it.

> The SMSQE manual I have hints at this but doesn't fully clarify it.
> SCR_BASE and SCR_LLEN are described as accepting channel numbers,
> SCR_XLIM and SCR_YLIM are not,

Oh, you've another manual (ok, I didn't expect you to have a German
manual anyway). My version tells me that the optional channel
parameter for all functions.

> but the description refers to maximum size windows can be set to
> rather than screen size as such, implying the behaviour of an
> iop.flim type extension.

No, it's always the screen size.

Marcel