Dilwyn Jones wrote :-

>I presume that the typical Brit becoming black and Irish accented
>implies people like Darren Branagh (who was born in Northern Ireland
>and so almost British) with a QL plugged into his brain???

Sounds fine to me. I'm somewhat of a "Heinz 57" myself, Born in Northern
Ireland to a Catholic Father and Protestant Mother (That was fun!) and
holding dual passports as a result - British and Irish, although I don't
think I renewed the British one last time - I read somewhere that British
people are the 2nd most likely to be shot in a hijack situation - really!
(after the Americans!). I speak fluent English and almost-fluent Irish (its
in steep decline over here, so don't get to use it much - unlike Dilwyns
Welsh, which he can use virtually anywhere, shame really...)

>Also intrigued that Robert knew the Welsh for London (it's quite close
>to the original name, whatever language that came from).

Yes, had to unearth that Welsh-English dictionary you gave me to find that
out :-))

>Anyway, 'QL' is the universal language on this list (says he desperate
>to get back on topic)

Agreed!!

Darren Branagh.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]