Thierry wrote:

>> How do you manage to do your QLing away from home, Thierry? Do you
>> have a QL system you take with you on the ship, or do you use a QL
>> emulator on a laptop or something?
>
>Laptop and QPC...

Talking about portable QLing... I've made a few pictures of my MiniQ60,
built around the MinisQL case Keith Mitchell has kindly given me. They are at

http://www.q40.de/q60/miniq60.html

My MiniQ60 is built around a standard 80 MHz Q60 mainboard. As the Q60 is
small, has a low power consumption and needs no fan, I couldn't resist some
tinkering :-)

MiniQ60 has notebook size. With a small external keyboard and 15" TFT
display, that would make a useful portable system for me. (I still lack the
TFT display)

Average measured power consumption with 80 MB RAM, harddisk and CPU
working, floppy attached but inactive, is only 12 W. What I like most, is
that my MiniQ60 is *silent* ! I only hear disk accesses, just like in the
good old QL days. How peaceful computing can be...

Peter