Hi Everybody,

Now that I have successfully purged my system of virus(s), I  feel it is
safe to admit being the inadvertent dupe of the sick mind that devised the
virus that infected my PC..

I had received an e-mail allegedly from a business contact of mine which
included an attachment.  As we regularly exchange reports etc as
attachments, and as I use a "Real Time" virus monitor, I opened the
attachment with - disastrous results.

I have no idea of the source of this virus as my contact denies sending me
the e-mail.  It appears that the virus is a worm that invades Outlook
Express folders/files and then transmits corrupted versions of the files to
people on the address list.

I must admit to being tardy in downloading updates to my virus checking
program and the monitor obviously did not detect this worm.

I have now down loaded the latest upgrades and the program supplier has
scanned and cleaned my system on line and has confirmed by e-mail that my
system is now clear of virus's :-)

I am now a sadder but wiser man.

Many thanks to all who sent constructive comments and advice and apologies
to all.

Best regards,

Bill Newell