On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 07:59:12PM +0200, Thierry Godefroy wrote:
> A small progress reports:
>
> It works... :-))

great!

> I now can get direct access to a CD-ROM on my Q60 with:
>
> OPEN #3,"cdr1_*d2d" (for 512 bytes blocks access, or *d4d
>                      for 1024, or *d8d for 2048)

I assume the block size is just a "soft" size? Otherwise it would
be necessary to get the real block size somewhow. The naming
scheme will be somewhat difficult to maintain with audio discs,
they have a sector size of 2352 or something like that ;)

Btw how about getting the length of the CD?

> For the most curious or impatient among you, the sources for
> the alpha release (still many cleanup to do and most TRAP #3
> to implement) are available (write me a private email)...

how much more do you want to implement? io.sstrg/io.fstrg seems
quite sufficient.

Bye
Richard