>I'd like to hear some of the (mis-)pronounciations for that little
lot.
>I'll bet Dilwyn manages (better than me as well !)
>Gaelic isn't exactly phonetic is it :o)

Unlikely, common misconception, Gaelic (Irish or Scot) is nothing like
Welsh apart from a very few 'core' words.

>Norman.

>The Irish is:-
>
>"duighann tu an iasc, bith me an la; teachainn tu an iascaigh, bith
me an
>la agus la eile....."
>
>(there is no "lifetime" in irish, it translates as "for days and days
>come" or "forever")

In Welsh it would be something like:
Rhowch bysgodyn, bwydwch am ddiwrnod; Dysgwch i bysgota, bwydwch am
oes.

(Knowing the pronunciation in Welsh, I can spot the similarities, but
the spelling of both languages is so different that even similar
sounding words can be hard to recognise...tried to teach Darren Welsh
once but failed)

Never mind, we all speak "QL" (phew, back on topic) even if some of us
have a PC or Linux accent ;-)

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]