Richard Zidlicky wrote:
>> Is there a way to directly read the pointer position [take the
example
>> of a screen saver program which is displaying a screen saver module
>> (external program) but needs to monitor the mouse to see if it's
been
>> moved in order to to restore the screen]  which is compatible
across
>> all or most platforms. Reading the QIMI registers will obviously
only
>> work in QIMI systems! Cuedark and a screen saver program from
Thierry
>> seem to do this but no documentation. The Jonathan Hudson Qeyes
>> program also seems to allow a program to monitor pointer position
>> position its own 'eyes] without affecting the currently active job.
>
>get it from the scr/con driver, it is at 0x20 and 0x22 offsets off
the
>base of the screen driver linkage block, the one cdb+4 should point
>to. Not quite sure now if the 0x18 has to be added or not.. try
>a few peeks.

Can you elaborate a little on this...I tried the following routine and
got nowhere, just a continuous stream of 21845 output:

100 REMark try to read pointer co-ordinates
110 driver_address = CHAN_L(#0,4)
120 REPeat loop
130   PRINT
PEEK_W(driver_address+HEX('20')),PEEK_W(driver_address+HEX('22'))
140 END REPeat loop

Adding $18 as you suggested made no difference at all.

(CHAN_L is Simon Goodwin's routines for extracting info from channel
definition block).