> The human eye senses green colors most intensive, red colors
> medium intensive and blue colors least intensive.

Interestingly, (or maybe not), a lens, whether in the eye or
manufactured, focuses different colours at different planes, with red
furthest back, and blue nearest.  If you are short-sighted, the
optician will select a lens that brings red into the sharpest focus.
This is why, to me, text printed at the red end of the spectrum is
easier to read (on a white background).  On screen, a bright saturated
red colour will appear to stand out of the screen, whereas blue areas
will appear to recede into it.  Red text on blue background, or blue on
red, is the most difficult to read.
Perhaps that's why the QL's default colours chosen for #1 and #2 were
red & white?  Personally, I never liked it and have my BOOT program
change it.  I sometimes think I can hear a sigh of relief hiss from the
monitor, when the screen changes to white on black  :O)

Ian.

related financial instruments.