>>Wish I knew where he got his CDsa from - they are BLACK on the
>>recording side rather than silver, gold, blue etc, never seen those
>>black ones before. OK, guess you can take the love affir with black
QL
>>things a bit far perhaps ;-))
>

>I can get you 100 for 29 cents / ea. (They are PNY 80 Min. Black
Diamond
>(Excellent for "backing-up" ;-)))) PSX games :-)

No sooner did I click on SEND than I was looking through Micro Mart
magazine and saw that a company called Media Madness are selling them
for 30p each 100 on a spindle, or 35p each for 100 in plastic sleeve,
both unbranded 16x speed. I've had pretty hit and miss results with
cheap unbranded CDs on my present recorder - most have been quite OK,
a few just wouldn't work with my machine, but gave some of those to
others and they worked OK on a different recorder. Seems that certain
brands work better on certain recorders, at least I presume it's some
feature of the hardware or software on the computer they're written
on, not anything to do with the QXL.WIN QL cds I create. The recorder
concerned is just a simple basic 4x speed rewriter and I always make
sure the CDs are recorded at a speed they are described as being
suitable for.

Hardware wise, there are some pretty good recorders out there now with
features like burn-proof writing, 16x and 24x write (Phil Jordan had
one of those at the Hove workshop and it was impressive) at reasonable
prices. You know what I'm leading up to: when do I get an SMSQE driver
for QPC to write my CDs?!?!

Oh, speaking of "when do I get...", anyone heard from Jonathan Dent
recently regarding soql TCP/IP and its progress (or lack of)?

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]