I think there is a major problem with the current licence.

What would happen if the registrar stops doing his or her work.

The licence does not say how a registrar can be appointed, or who to
contact. In fact, it would become impossible to make any improvements to the
code, as there is nobody to approve any changes and no binaries can be
distributed... What's more, depending on interpretation, it is even
impossible to get the latest version of the source code...

In the current licence there is too much responsibility for the registrar.
In fact, with it being a job which is unpaid, it could be plain impossible
to de if there are many developments (I wish).

The only solution I see is to allow for the code to be forked in some way
(which makes me come back to the proposition I made in my previous message).

Joachim

  • ... Nicholls, Bruce
    • ... P Witte
      • ... Dave