There still appears to be a fair market for expansion interfaces for the QL.

I realise that many users are holding out in hope that the GoldFire (or whatever it is eventually called) will soon be released, but I appreciate that this is still several months away, if it ever reaches the market (sorry Nasta).

Surely there is still a market for a small batch of Super Gold Cards to be made up, or am I correct in thinking this may now be impossible due to lack of availability of chips??

I have tried in vain over the past few weeks to find expansion cards for various customers, and have managed to obtain 3 old disk interfaces, one 512K memory expansion and a Trump Card.  Is this the current state of the second hand market I wonder??  Any whispers of Gold Cards/Super Gold Cards never seem to materialise or if they do, take ages to sort out (no offence intended here) - I guess this is partially reticence to hand such treasured items over.

However, if we cannot supply people with the original QL black boxes with expansion interfaces, how can we possibly hope to get them to purchase more modern software which need disk drives and normally more than 128K memory..

Any ideas on where we go from here??

Rich Mellor
RWAP Software
7 Common Road, Kinsley, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF9 5JR
TEL: 01977 614299
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/rwapsoftware