OK, time to put in my teo-penneth worth.

This discussion/arguing needs to be brought to a swift end - it is in danger of not only fragmenting the whole QL scene even further, but putting people off the QL, SMSQ/E and this email list at a time when we all need to band together.

We do not need to start again with a different licence (GPL or otherwise) as this will just provoke further discussion from those who are not willing to work under that licence as it stands.

What we need is the Grafs (after discussion with Richard) to list which clauses in the licence they feel prevent further development for the Q40/Q60 operating system (I currently cannot see where the problems lie) and propose replacement clauses which they would find acceptable and which should not prevent commercial development of SMSQ/E also.  Not everyone is willing to carry out work for nothing but on the other hand, not everyone would demand payment for their work.

Until some specfic proposals for changes to the licence are put forward by the Grafs their comments are just going to be seen as mindless bickering.

I think Wolfgang should give a cut off point of say 7 days for proposals to be put forward, after which, if nothing is received, the licence should be adopted as it stands.

Rich Mellor
RWAP Software
7 Common Road, Kinsley, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF9 5JR
TEL: 01977 614299
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/rwapsoftware