In a message dated 17/06/02 21:14:41 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Gac> Are PSA, ie Partial Save Areas, as defined in Jochen's QPTR Manual on page
Gac> 110, acceptable? I would hope so as I now can grab any rectangular area on a
Gac> screen in that format when I want.

Gac> George Gwilt

George

I presume this is just a _pic file, if so yes.

The format of  a Partial Save Area is:

Spare          Long     available to a user
Flag            Word     $4AFC
X_size         Word    width in pixels
Y_size         Word    Height in pixels
Increment    Word     length of one line in bytes
Mode           Byte     mode of saved image
Spare          Byte     zero
Image          Increment*Y_size bytes

The "Image" is simply the exact copy of the part of the screen which is saved. If the mode is 33 (as for the Q40/60 extended colours) each pixel is a word. For mode 4 each word contains 8 pixels.

I would imagine that a _pic file is not in that format, but I could be wrong.