At 03:35 μμ 16/7/2002, you wrote:

>Well that is gcc 2.96 & gcc 3.0.4 I have tried.
>What are you using and what sort of processor?
>Surely if gcc can cope with floating point the problem is low level access
>and differences.
>Though as there are both big endian and little endian if a switch does not
>work what els?

I had the same problem with uQLx and several versions of Linux while it
compiled normally on FreeBSD and Solaris.
Since I think you have an AMD K-7 processor as I do, maybe the problem is
really there and not anywhere else.
It would seem that something prevents uQLx to compile if an AMD processor
is used. Ceteris paribus and only the processor changed to an Intel, Linux
compiles it without a hitch...

Final analysis....

On a PC, run FreeBSD... THE ONLY true Unix ;-) (Okay NetBSD and OpenBSD are
included ;-)

Phoebus