An email from Andreas put me in a thought process, so before I try something I would ask if anyone has made a sector copier that stores images to a file instead of back to a cartridge...
I am pretty sure than Cartridge Doctor does sector to sector copies from medium to medium, but not medium to image and vice versa...
Anyone knows more about that?
So far in order to make mdv I've just copied files (even the usual non-named ones) but I never copied sector by sector to an image file (which would be more accurate for historical reasons...)

Phoebus