Sounds very clean. I am looking forward to your program.

It should also fit very cleanly into the QDT environment, especially since you plan to use the pointer environment. QDT will also be able to take advantage of the standard config blocks and will eventually offer a 'free' to use installer based on scripts which you might like to adapt to your distribution (does not require QDT to run). This will be available sometime next year.

Have fun,
Jim