Phoebus,
here you can find what you need :
http://linux-q40.sourceforge.net/, iso image of the
Shoestring Linux.
In total it is a full CD (640MB) and a couple of
floppies to boot it only the first time.
Inside the cd you will find all the instruction to
install it.
Let me know if you need further help, I can send to
you also a copy of my Linux CD if the download of
640MB exceed your bandwidth capacity .
Anyway pay attention that you need a second HD or you
have to repartition the main HD using MKpart to create
a LNX and Swp partitions, so do not start to fill your
main HD before prepare it for Linux.
Ciao
Fabrizio
Ciao