??? 15/11/2002 12:35:30 ??, ?/? Marcel Kilgus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ??????:

>Phoebus Dokos wrote:
>> 1. Incorporation of the Greek language in SMSQ/E (Ideally all languages should
be
>> supported, maybe with allowance for linking external NLS files)
>
>Difficult because you need to alter the font.

Already have... :-) (And it doesn't affect English either) - Greek Standard (Both PC-
437G(737) -DOS- and ISO-8895-7 (Windows 1253 is the same with Minor
Alterations) (Or how the Greek ISO calls it ELOT-928) codepages are set above
Ascii-128 (So there you have it :-)

>> 2. Extension of the keyboard driver to allow for "dead key" switching keyboards
(the
>> ALT-GR combinations just don't work with languages like mine: Greek -or Russian
for
>> example-)
>
>Not much work there because it's already implemented. You just need to
>define the keyboard table right.

Dead keys are implemented AFAIK, what isn't is a keyboard switch routine (ie Alt-
Shift) switches the console to redirect typed keys to above ASCII-128... I am
pretty sure this cannot be done as it stands now... (I can be wrong of course) as
this was the subject of a whole discussion a while ago... I have already
implemented the solution as set by TT on IQLR ca. 94 or 95 (Can't remember exact
volume/issue) but this is just not enough... I can send you the fonts for starters
and the message tables but IIRC the way TT proposed it it erases previously stored
Languages (at least one of them) and doesn't link at the end... then again I can
(which I probably am) wrong :-)

Phoebus