For give me for breaking to subject off (was WMAN progress) but I am addressing only the programming in the pointer environment questions.

I personally use C68 for 98% of my coding (a small part of assembly in some critical graphics pieces for pure speed). I use Easyptr for the menu generation and basic sprite tools, SpriteEdit for larger or high color sprites, and EasyC to convert the Easyptr stuff to 'C' code.

For most windows this works quite well. I wish that EasyC used some different formatting and manually go through everything that it does but it does most of the work. If I had more time, I would write a simple piece to change its output to my preferred format or replace it with my own translation to 'C' - probably about the same amount of work.

One caution for 'C' coders - if you are using the new GD2 calls and the message passing routines that are available in C68, I have found that several of the 'C' wrappers that call the native assembly routines are incorrect. Some of the corrections have been passed on (block drawing for example) and have been incorporated into the C68 release (make sure that you have the latest libraries). Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to do it with the rest of the ones that I have found. Here is a list of problem routines that I hit so far. I will submit my 'corrected' 'C' routines if I ever come up for air but QDT is taking precedence at this time.

iop_flim
sms_sevt
sms_wext

Jim