Ah! THAT sm...

Well actually sm basically sets up some parameters and executes soqlmailer
which is Jonathan Hudsons "mailer" compiled using the SOQL socket
functions.

One of the parameters passed to soqlmailer is -f mail_dat
This file is missing I think from the .zip which I sent you :-(  it should
be in the DFT directory and have a content similar to:

name = Jonathan Dent
host = crosswinds.net
smtp = mail.crosswinds.net
user = jondent
sigf = signature_txt

The last entry is not necessary but, if there, then the file signature_txt
will be appended to all mails. The host and smtp names will also
have to be replaced with names appropriate to your set-up and be
resolved in the DNSrecords_txt file.

Sorry this got left out but hope you can now get connected
all the best

Jon.