Thanks for the help.

I am using a laptop and from your replies, I can only think it has only 1
port - COM2 and  I can see now , I can make it any SERn I like..
I was it set to SER2 for QTPI.
I have changed it to SER3 and configured QTPI to suit and thats fine.
As far as SOQL is concerned it still hangs up, so is it possible for anyone
to send me the program configured to run on QPC2 . otherwise I don't think I
will ever succeed  in doing it myself. My drive is win1_SOQL_ and I start it
with Casqade on a Hotkey.

Arnie