Cheers Dilwyn.

First problem is that I have the old HTML code for the webring stuff, and it
doesn't have the link to where I needed to go - so I switched over to your
web page and linked from there :o)

Once there, it seems that I never managed to migrate sucessfully from Yahoo
to Webring - hardly surprising really, I remember much wailing and gnashing
of teeth - so I had to migrate first. Of course, I didn't have a user id, so
I had to register for one of those (stack return addresses now building up
nicely ...) and then do the migration. After that, I waited, and waited and
eventually, I have a migrated web site.

Now I can edit it, oops, have to login again, so I change the URL from the
old one to the new one. I even get the updated navbar code and add it to the
page - oops, using an external style sheet b*gg*rs up the nav bar if there
is an entry for TABLE. Still, now I have the URL changed.

Except, the web ring list still has the old one listed - but I presume this
is just a matter of time for some database or other to be updated. Listing
my sites shows that I now have two sites in the list rather than just one.
I'm allowed the option of deleting the NEW site, but only allowed to edit
the old one.

As Dilwyn points out, the 'user interface' for the webring system is about a
user friendly as a cornered rat. And, they ask you to pay money to support
it ................. Hmmm ! (Ok, if more people paid up, I suppose the
interface could be improved ...)

Hopefully, my correct website will be on the ring soon.

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator