In a message dated 26/01/03 13:36:29 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> 1) May I suggest Aurora + Gold Card return 22 and Aurora + Super Gold Card
> return 23.  This is because, even without SMSQ/e, using:
>  PEEK (SYS_BASE+HEX('A7'))&&31
> returns 10 and 12 for Gold Card/Super Gold Card respectively, even when
> plugged into a standard QL.

The upper 3 bits tell you whether there's an Aurora or not. Exactly
the ones you're masking out.

It might under SMSQ/e !! but not under Minerva... Is it correct that this returns 5 for Aurora??  What is the format of these upper 3 bits??

> 6) Is there any way of identifying when QDOS is running on QDOS Emulator for
> Amiga, QLAY, uQLx (any others....).?? If there is, what values should I use
> to signify these machines...  15,21 and 31 appear to be free (taking into
> account the above suggestions).  Is this correct??

Lowest bit shouldn't be used, IMHO.

I thought this was the case, but Q40/Q60 already broke this rule!!

--
Rich Mellor
RWAP Software