On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 18:23:50 EST, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In a message dated 19/02/2003 23:19:29 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I don't believe that is a bug per se. You have to take into account that the implicit datatypes that are used are there to create faster code. So if

you IMPLICITLY define a datatype to use and you feed it something else then

it SHOULD complaine If you therefore 'trick' Turbo, it should not only report an error but get a hammer out of the screen and break your QL :-)

Possibly so, but it is the incompatabilities with S*BASIC such as these, which make Turbo such a steep learning curve, even for someone who used it as my only compiler some 5/6 years ago...
It's a point of view I guess... When you write with intent to compile some things need to be taken into account...

You would never assume the same though for VisualBasic though would you? (Okay bad example ;-)

Phoebus