Hello Claude
Here is a short guide to what has to be done to set-up soql PPP.

Unzip the zipfile:
-----------------
The zip file is designed to be unzipped on flp1_ If you unzip it to another
location you will have to edit the files "boot" and "bootPPP" in the
APS_MAIL_ directory. Each file requires a single change to the Dev$
initialisation.

You may want to change the port definition in bootPPP. See the readme_txt
file for more information.

There are two files you HAVE to edit:
------------------------------------
In DNSrecords_txt you need to add any names that have to be resolved into
their Internet addresses. The most important names are the names of your
pop3 and smtp servers. To convert them into the hexadecimal values
stored in DNSrecords you could use "ping" to resolve the
addresses into decimal dot form. See example below. The decimal dot form
can be converted to the required hexadecimal form by converting each decimal
number to a two digit hexadecimal number and combining them to the 8 digit
form. This again can be seen in the example below.

The program pop3 requires the name MAIL to resolvable into your pop3 mail
servers address. This requires the same number to be entered for MAIL as
was entered for your pop3 server.

The file mail_dat is used by soqlMailer to define various parameters:
name = Put the name to appear in your email here
host = Put the bit of your email address which comes after @ here
user = Put the bit of your email address which comes before @ here
smtp = Put the address of your smtp server here e.g. smtp.freesurf.ch
tz = Put your time zone here e.g. +0100

You may also like to define sigf = with the name of a file to be used as your
signature file. This will be appended to all mails sent.

Now please read the readme_txt to see how to use the package

example host name resolution using ping:
---------------------------------------
C:\WINDOWS>ping smtp.freesurf.ch

PING smtp.freesurf.ch [194.230.0.8]: 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 128.63.240.80: icmp_seq=0 time=16 ms
64 bytes from 128.63.240.80: icmp_seq=1 time=9 ms
64 bytes from 128.63.240.80: icmp_seq=2 time=9 ms
64 bytes from 128.63.240.80: icmp_seq=3 time=8 ms
64 bytes from 128.63.240.80: icmp_seq=4 time=8 ms
^C

The address is converted as follows:
194 is C2 in hexadecimal
230 is E6 in hexadecimal