> >Is this some indication of what Tony Firshman was like at school
:o|
> of course...
>
> The best trick is to blow into the gas pipe in chemistry labs.
> This causes havoc with the teacher's demo (8-)#
Talk of upsetting demos, remember when the late Joe Haftke and I used
to share tables at workshops? Joe would be busy demonstrating a
program and in full swing and I'd start opening windows over the
network and sending silly messages or clearing his screen (we'd often
have a network cable between our computers when I remembered to bring
it with my QL) onto his QL just to annoy him. Then he'd come over to
my computer when I wasn't there and enter FLP_USE "JOE" in revenge so
I couldn't use the floppy disks or something like that.

Best one though was Ron Dunnett at Eindhoven (I think) who decided to
teach me a lesson by copying loads of large files from his hard disk
into ramdisk on my Super Gold Card, which of course slowed my QL right
down and I thought it was on the verge of crashing.

At some point, Norman and I started sending each other some little
"Pointer Pranks" programs we'd written - little programs which would
do some annoying little tricks like picking a random job to interrupt
whatever we were doing at the time, or randomly button-ise a program
just when you were trying to use it.

(OK Colin, I'm sure this will generate a new QL-related thread!)

--
Dilwyn Jones