The keyring thingys are getting cheaper all the time..... They made 8Mb
ones as the smallest when I got mine about a year ago, but now 32Mb seems
to be the smallest as the prices have come down so much that an 8Mb one is
no longer viable. A 32Mb one costs about the same as a similar sized CF
card. Most of the online PC shops do them, like jungle.com or dabs.com or
even amazon.

The beauty of the small file sizes in the QL world (as compared to the PC
bloatware files) means you can fit a VAST amount of stuff in 32Mb or
64Mb...... I have a fully bootable QL with all the extensions, loads of
executable progs, docs, games, etc, even Qascade on mine with a few meg to
spare. Try doing that on a PC - you wouldn't even fit a bare install of
Windows on it.

Cheers,

Darren Branagh,
Bank of Ireland - Cards And Loans Business,
Nassau House, 33/35 Nassau Street, Dublin 2. Ireland.
Tel: 1850-530-530   Fax: 01-6706813.

                      Norman Dunbar

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:      "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"

                      fs.co.uk>                <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      Sent by:                 cc:

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Subject: RE: [ql-users] reader
question
                      g.uk

                      27/06/2003 13:42

                      Please respond

                      to ql-users

Dilwyn jested :

>> The USB pocket drives like those would be great for someone like
>> Norman who does most of his QLing in his lunchbreak in work, that way
>> he would never lose/corrupt his zip disks again and he could take his
>> work to and from home on his keyring! As you say, a 64MB QXL.WIN on a
>> keyring!

Now there's an idea. Because my new PC at work underwent surgery just
yesterday to fit the Zip drive back in. Guess waht, no suitbale slot to
plug
the damned SCSI interface card into. Seems that the newest PCs don't have
an
ISA slot at all !!

I've got USB on this box and USB at home, so I should (!) be able to get
something running - if only I had a keyriong thingy !

Cheers,
Norman.

-------------------------------------
Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel: 0113 289 6265
Fax: 0113 289 3146

This email is intended only for the use of the addressees named above and
may be confidential or legally privileged. If you are not an addressee you
must not read it and must not use any information contained in it, nor copy
it, nor inform any person other than Lynx Financial Systems or the
addressees of its existence or contents.  If you have received this email
and are not a named addressee, please delete it and notify the Lynx
Financial Systems IT Department on 0113 2892990.

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify us immediately at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete this E-mail
from your system. Thank you.
It is possible for data transmitted by email to be deliberately or
accidentally corrupted or intercepted. For this reason, where the
communication is by email, the Bank of Ireland Group does not accept
any responsibility for any breach of confidence which may arise
through the use of this medium.
 for the presence of known computer viruses.