In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Norman Dunbar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

Hi Darren,

normally I'd say 'no' as there are no options in the 'save as' or 'save as
web page' dialogue to save as a gif, bmp etc. However, if you have a modem
which came with some fax software which installs as a printer driver AND
allows you to 'print' to a file then you might have a chance.

If I'm not mistaken, the printer driver for the fax acts like a normal
printer and you can (hopefully) save to a file. I've got no idea what
graphics format the resulatant output would be, but it would probably be
mono and need converting before it could be used.

The fax format is a modified version of a TIFF.

Which is actually very useful as everything is a graphic.

I think what Darren is asking for is possible on the RISCOS platform ... and I know that he has got an Archimedes machine and an RISCOS emulator for PC.

A quick query has raised its head that one/some of you may be able to hel;p
me with.

Is it possible to convert  word.doc  (MS Word) to a graphics format, ie.
GIF or JPEG?  I know this is off topic, but the end result will be used on
the QL, hence my asking).

I need to be able to produce GIF/JPEG's from a word.doc file as this is the
only application I have here in work!!

-- Malcolm Cadman