At 04:51 PM 7/31/2003 +0100, you wrote:

I wish I knew how to get it working though.

Malcolm

MicroEmacs is fairly easy to get started. If I remember correctly, you just need to have the .rc file set aside at a certain location and then have an environment variable tell MicroEmacs where to find it. I have all my environment variables set via my boot script.

The MicroEmacs documentation is pretty good, esp. the docs that Thierry wrote on just the QL port. I do find that as MicroEmacs adds more features (like syntax highlighting), it's bogging down on my Gold Card QL. But on the Q40, I never noticed any delays.

A lot of the neat features of MicroEmacs on the QL are only specific to the QL version and have been added on my Thierry. Adding Menu support, Syntax Highlighting, spell checking, etc. really make the QL version the best version out there.

Tim Swenson