More findings about SMSQ/E v3.01 for SGC:

The sources, as supplied by Wolfgang won't link properly !
The "smsq_gold_roms" routine is not linked by "flp_bas"...
I added the missing line and I now got a SMSQ/E version which
_tries_ to initialize the ROMs on my SGC/Aurora/Qubide/SH/RomDisq
system: no joy though...

When the IDE cable is plugged, I get the same behaviour as
what described in my previous message. If I unplug the IDE cable
or RomDisq, SMSQ/E boots and tries to initialize the ROMs, but
I just get a blank screen and it crashes even before the first
ROM copyright message is displayed... Same thing if I try to
boot SMSQ/E v3.01 from a working 2.91 session...

I'm puzzled !  I wonder if it's something dealing with caches
(were the caches disabled during ROMs initialization in SMSQ/E
versions prior to v2.98 ?).

Thierry.

Below is my previous message for reference.
Begin forwarded message: